Originally made this for my cousin, but its started to grow so big I thought I’d stick it on the website. I’m trying to make it accessible to tourists and keep this list short, which I’m kind of failing to do, but know that there are other cool spots too! Explore for yourself!
This is where I live, in the south east of Berlin. A bit more punk down here, but still safe and good nightlife.
- 🌳 Görli - is nice park to have beers when it’s warm, a bit sketchy at night. Don’t by any fake weed here ;)
- 🌳 Landwehr canal - is cute to walk along, see the old men play boules and get a pizza. ☕️ Le Maison is a nice french cafe there. There are flea markets every Tuesday and some weekends.
- 🍖 Chung King Noodles ⭐️ - Amazing Chinese noodles, only like 4 dishes on menu, very hip. Expect to wait 45min if going at peak time.
- 🍖 Amrit - Beautiful and cheap indian food. Massive menu and fun cocktails.
- 🍺 Multilayerladen - Cool, cheap bar in Kötti with multiple layers.
- 🍺💃 Filmkunstbar - Bar/Club covered in DVDs. More chill than a club. More dancey than a bar. Easy to get in.
- 💃 Club der Visionäre - Nice dockside club, completely outside so better in summer. More chill than other clubs, but also less going on. A bit cheaper to get in, but may be a line and you need to look semi cool.
- 🌊 Badeschiff - Pool to hit in the summer on the Spree.
Connected to Kreuzberg at the south. Much more Turkish here, so great kebabs. It’s a big neighborhood.
- 🍺 Reuterkiez - Neighborhood in north of neukolln with cute cobblestone streets and some tucked away dive bars which you can happen upon.
- 💃 Kwia - Different style of club. Often playing ambient music. Very small and cute and everyone sits on the floor. Expensive cocktails.
- 🌳 Templehofer Feld ⭐️ - Airport turned Park in the south. Nothing like it anywhere else, fun for drinks, picnics, and skating.
- 🍺🎸 Loophole - Punk venue and bar. Very Berlin. Very smokey. I’ve played a few lovely shows here.
- 🍖 Nefis ⭐️ - Maybe my favorite kebab spot. They put spuds in the kebab ;)
- 🍺 Klunkerkranich - Touristy rooftop bar, but its quite nice for a sunset. It has a great view of the city.
- 🍺💃 Sameheads - Techno club and bar. Very Berlin. Very smokey. A bit cheaper to get in ~10€.
(Meaning middle) is the Central district in Berlin. This is where all the tech companies and tourist spots are. It’s much more boujie than the 2 previous districts. You can shop here, get some nice food, see Alexanderplatz, and clean out your wallet.
- 📸 Alexanderplatz - Go see the big effin’ tower.
- 📸 Brandenburger Tor - Go see the big effin’ gate
- 📸 Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe - Profound memorial.
- 📸 Berlin Zoological Garden - Cool zoo with pandas outside of China. Madness.
- 📸 Museum Island - Nice few museums (Neues mueseum has really cool ancient Egyptian exhibits) and decent parks to walk around.
- 🍖 LIU Nudelhaus - Like Chungking above, super amazing Chinese noodles.
- ☕️ Zeit für Brot - Tasty cafe that makes some serious cinnamon roles.
- 🎥 Babylon - German cinema from 1929, catch an art house flick.
Similar vibes to Kreuzberg, a bit north of Kreuzberg. Nice stuff here as well ofc.
- 📸 East Side Gallery - Go see the big effin’ Berlin wall.
- 🍺☕️ Herman Schulz Café-Bar ⭐️ - Basically someone’s living room. Take beers from a fridge on the honor system. Such a relaxed vibe.
- 🌳 Boxhagener Platz - Big flea market on Saturday. Nice food around here too.
- 💃 Renate ⭐️ - Maybe my favorite club. It’s very fun and has a bit less of an uppity vibe sometimes. 3 rooms with different Djs. You can be turned away from this club though, but its next to 2 other clubs.
- 💃 Berghain - You will be rejected. But maybe not. If your here, you gotta give it a try if the line is >1 hr. Check out @berghainliveline on insta.
- 💃 ://about blank - Also a good club.
This is where all the 30 somethings with kids and money live. Definitely some nice places up there, but its a bit more chill and a bit more expensive. Not my stomping ground really.
- 🌳 Mauerpark - Nice big park, flea market & park karaoke on Sundays.
- 🍺 Kulturbrauerei - Nice little platz to walk around. Cool billiards spot there too with nice beer (Pool & Cigars).
- 🌳 Charlottenburg Palace - Our first entry to the list on the west side (as you can see we like the East). Charlottenburg feels much more like Germany. More relaxed and residential in Charlottenburg as well as more Germans. There’s lots of shopping and a lovely castle to walk around.
- 🌊 Schlachtensee - My current favorite lake to visit in the summer.
- 🌳 Park
- 🍖 Food
- 📸 Tourist Spot
- 🍺 Bar
- 💃 Club
- ☕️ Cafe
- 🎸 Music Venue
- 🌊 Swimming
- 🎥 Cinema
- ⭐️ Highlight